heaven knows

my life in grey

I had a very interesting lecture on Culture today in Interpersonal Communications class.

 

We’ve always perceived culture as literally, “different race, different religion, different origin, different culture”. Well, today I learnt that it’s much more than that. Culture is not a measurement of a race or religion. Circumstances, background, media influences, etc., all play a role in moulding our individual culture. And yeah, everyone has their own individual and different culture. What people have been doing all the while is called stereotyping, which is classifying people of similar race or religion or origin into categories of similar characteristics or tradition.

 

I couldn’t agree more with the facts and points which have been highlighted today. It’s happening everyday in everyone’s life whether we like it or not, it’s unavoidable. To date, I really think that circumstances and events have made me a more evil and cruel person than I was before. Of course, those who don’t see those “events” won’t understand why. Even if you tell a person that you understand how they feel at that moment, do you really?? Especially when you’re not put in that situation. But I think it’s alright… If everyone were able to understand everything that has been thrown to them, there wouldn’t be challenges would there?

 

So yeah… I’m experiencing culture shock almost everyday. As quoted in my notes…

 

First stage: You’ll still be comfortable with the new ambiguities around and find them interesting.

Second stage: Those new ambiguities will start to bother you and you’ll start feeling uncomfortable and probably frustrated

Third stage: You start learning to accept and adapt to the new changes

Fourth stage: Although those ambiguities are new to you, you have learned to accept it and are now comfortable with it”

***

I’m no longer capable of finding that same room in me to cry anymore. That feeling of fear is just gone…

 

But drenched in vanilla twilight

I’ll sit on the front porch all night

Waist-deep in thought because

When I think of you I don’t feel so alone

1 wishful thoughts:

extracts assumes determine need amounts posteriori cognition attentive unvarying iiisushil gratis
lolikneri havaqatsu