heaven knows

my life in grey

I had one of the craziest weekend ever last week. I thought my weekend would be spent doing reports, assignments and also my thesis. But no… it was filled with a whole bunch of crazy and interesting stuff. So much for being a nerd.

 

Saturday

Went through the whole week thinking that I have the Saturday morning free to myself. I conveniently forgot about the Postgraduate Seminar in the morning. LOL… But I made it there after remembering it on Friday.

 

Overall, it was an informative seminar. Roughly got the information that I needed.

 

Then the day was followed up with Church service and dinner.

 

Sunday

One of the most packed days that I’ve had with back-to-back plans.

 

My ex-SRC group came down to Subang to have a fun day out and decided to crash my house early in the morning. LOL… Had breakfast together then we hit pyramid for ice skating, followed by lunch and bowling. Everyone was expecting me to fall down since I’ve never ice skate before. Unfortunately, my roller blade skills came in handy. Haha!! Managed to prevent myself from falling and looking like a noob. Quite a good experience although the skates were killing my feet and gave me an invisible bruise. Good job skates.

 

Later that day, I went for dinner with my family since it was my dad’s birthday. Had a nice dinner although there wasn’t many food selections for the buffet. But no doubt, the food was good. I reminded myself to stay away from the raw oysters also since I’ve done my research on CHOLERA. Lol… The lemon is a must for raw oysters… remember that. Haha

 

After dinner, I shot off to a friend’s birthday party. Even though I was late and missed literally everything, but I think being there to wish her and staying for a while means a lot to me. =)

 

Monday

Had my first ever hiking experience in Gunung Datuk. Almost killed myself by climbing the last stretch of rocks and boulders. Really looked like a suicide mission. Haha… But it was all good. Managed to overcome the fear of heights for that brief moment although I didn’t go all the way up to the very top.

 

The hike up was crazy. I didn’t expect it to be that strenuous especially to my knees. Really felt my knee injury when hiking up. But I got the ultimate satisfaction by reaching the highest landing before climbing the boulders. Definitely an achievement for myself since my stamina and physical fitness is ancient.

 

Coming down was initially easy as I could skip the steps to take the weight strain off my knees. It was so nice after the halfway mark though. The terrain was rougher so skipping through it would be a pretty bad idea. That was when the other knee injury kicked in. If my knees were machines, they’re way past their maintenance period and needs some serious change of parts or literally a new machine.

 

All in all, it was a good experience. Would definitely like to try it again but with a different location. But I doubt it’ll be soon because old physical junks like mine needs major recuperating and it takes darn long. LOL

 

***

 

At the moment, my work is piling up by the day. Amount of things needed to study too. Guess I need to savour these outings and fun times whenever I can before I’m unable to make it to them anymore soon.

 

It is in times like these that I really hope I know what I’m doing. It’s probably going to sting but the consequences are suppose to be beneficial. Everything has its own price I guess. We just need to evaluate whether it’s worth paying or not.

0 wishful thoughts: