heaven knows

my life in grey

On days where things just aren’t all that happy-go-lucky or smooth, I personally think the songs by Owl City are uplifting enough for the spirit… at least for me… in terms of the melody that is. Among their songs which come from the only 2 albums they have so far…

 

Fireflies

I’d like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It’s hard to say that I’d rather stay awake when I’m asleep

‘Cause everything is never as it seems

 

Vanilla Twilight

When violet eyes get brighter

And heavy wings grow lighter

I’ll taste the sky and feel alive again

And I’ll forget the world that I knew

But I swear I won’t forget you

Oh if my voice could reach back through the past

I’d whisper in your ear

Oh darling I wish you were here

 

Rainbow Veins

Cheer up and dry your damp eyes and tell me when it rains
And I’ll blend up that rainbow above you and shoot it through your veins
’Cause your heart has a lack of colour and we should’ve known

That we’d grow up sooner or later ‘cause we wasted all our free time alone

 

And my personal favourite…

 

The Saltwater Room

Time together is just never quite enough

When you and I are alone

I never felt so at home

What will it take to make or break this hint of love?

We need time, only time

When we’re apart whatever are you thinking of?

If this is what I call home

Why does it feel so alone?

So tell me darling

Do you wish we’d fall in love?

All the time, all the time

 

On another note altogether…

I have forcefully and successfully finished 3 chapters of my thesis. Now there’s 2 more to go and the abstract. This is so depressing. *blegh~!!* This week better end soon and smoothly ‘cause I sure am not looking forward to it no thanks to my thesis dateline. At the end of this week, or rather by Friday, let’s hope that I’m able to breathe again.

0 wishful thoughts: