heaven knows

my life in grey

And so, I'm finally back from Global Youth Symposium '08. It was great besides the forums being worse than lectures. But some of the speakers were good. Met lots of people there, from Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong/China, Vietnam, Philippines, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, India and of course, Malaysia. My roommate was a Taiwanese girl...really cute, especially when she's so small size. Makes me feel like I'm overgrown. Anyhow, had a rather good time there mixing with different people. I met crazy people who get high on chocolate as well. But the overall experience is irreplaceable. You'd think that in things like this, the food will sort of suck, but, the food was good. Especially on the first night and the last night. I so happen to know the food coordinator. Haha... Anyways, I'll let the pictures do the talking.
The people I mixed with the most throughout the whole symposium and get crazy with. Us againThis is my roomie, the Taiwanese girl. You can see how small size she is that I have to bend down. Haha...but she's cute.
I don't know if you can see him. Haha...he's gonna kill me for this. This is Abdi, he's a Kenyan.

This is my discussion group (environmental responsibilities). We have Malaysian, Singaporean, Kenyan and Indonesian.

Us from bus 2. *forgive my sleepiness*

Me, Yi Ning with Grace. We were in Rumah Hope doing charity by spending time with the kids.

This is Eric (Singaporean), Jie Ying and May.

Me and Rufus

Us in KLCC with one of the security guard. We were trying to convince him to arrest our dear participants who were lying down on the floor. Yes, in the middle of KLCC!! Initiated by UTAR's own Tjun Kong. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

And for the last day of the event; before, during and after dinner.....

Next to me is Zhao Long who is a China citizen but is studying in Hong Kong at the moment. And far right is Emily, my roomie again.

Yung Tat (committee), me and Yi Ning

Albert (Indonesian Chinese), me and Yi Ning

Us with Christine and Adam from the organizing committee

My Guardian Angel...in the angel and mortal game. I feel so bad cause he had to tip toe to be of the same height as me for this pic. Haha...

My mortal, Jia Xian...he's the treasurer for this event by the way. And our common interest....tennis. Hehe

Me and Janice

Me and Will (committee)

Abdi, Felicita and mua

Teik Chuan

Conrad

And of course, not forgetting, my own UTAR student reps

Tjun Kong

Chi Wei

So, I consider this trip a fruitful one although I came back with somethings in mind. Haha... I noticed a lot of things as well during this period of time, evaluate and reevaluate some things, and at some point got myself into a confused state. Haha... And I learned...to have a "diplomatic" smile...a standardise one. It's essential. Haha...

It's back to the mundane life once again with lots of work to be done. Actually there's a test in a few hours time and I'm still able to blog. The life of being busy once again.

2 wishful thoughts:

o.O i saw my school's ex prefect head beside you XDXD

u serious? who? haha...small world