heaven knows

my life in grey

Okay. Although it's awfully late and I just got back after a long and tiring day, I still want to blog. Hahaha...madness.

I went for the Festival of Minds opening ceremony today. Thanks to those other 3 SRs who abandoned me, I had to go alone. Yeesh... But, the speech by Dr. Ling Liong Sek(think that's how you spell his name) and Dr. Ng Yen Yen was rather good and inspiring. Truly the result of going for the talk by their mentor (forgotten his name). I had to fly off early due to my stupid moral test. And so, I drove to the nearest LRT station to take the train down to Setapak. I parked in Menara Axis which cost me RM2.00 per freaking hour. Bloody ripoff. I went on nicely to take the train down and halfway through, I realised the most important thing of all. I didn't bring my purse!! Yeah...Thank God, my uni friend helped me and she's my saviour for the day. Once again, I had to take the test earlier than everyone else so that I can get back to PJ as fast as possible to minimise my parking cost, which came up to RM10.00 anyways. Then, I met up with Gracie and Chan for tea time(lunch for me) to kill time, and proceeded on to sitting stupidly in Starbucks and wait for the rest to come.

The informal meeting among us was long and I don't know whether to sum it up as fruitful or not. But, the dinner was great.

In the past few days time including today, I learnt and seen and got to know of people that I've never thought I would somehow be more or less close to. And surprisingly, we have bonded together quite well. It's amazing to see all the campus reps being so close I would say. I definitely didn't expect that. Today's meeting and dinner was a kick off to a lot of new things to come that we plan to achieve together, not as individual campuses, but as a uni in whole. I highly encourage this sort of meetings in the future although it drags on till quite late. In just one day, I find that I have learnt a lot from different people. Not only do we discuss and share about our respective SRC stuff, but we can have casual empty talks as well. Even a plan for a holiday together is on the way. Satisfaction level very high now. Haha...

As a stand for all Student Reps, for UTAR at least, we are definitely giving our very best. Some circumstances that most students can't see, we take it all in. We attempt many things, take a whole lot of risks just to come up with more fresh ideas for the benefit of students. And often, we have our own reason for the implementation of most things. I would say that seeing and judging from the outside doesn't make you smarter or better than any of us. Now, I find what Dr. Ng Yen Yen said being very true: "People who think they know everything are the people who know nothing and the people who think they know nothing have greater minds" After my past experiences in dealing with people, I often come to the point where this statement stands true all the time.

Haha... So what I'm trying to say is, watch out people cause we're going to sweep you off your feet with the things that we're about to bring to your attention.

Time to dead sleep again...

1 wishful thoughts:

Good for you ... at least its all worth the trouble right?