heaven knows

my life in grey

I went for a job interview this morning. It was for a general clerical work position. Firstly... the ad stated that it was a PART TIME job. So yeah... I thought it was some sort suitable and called in. And this was what had happened in the interview...

When I got there, I was asked to fill up this particulars form (normal standard procedure - understandable). Then the lady called me in to the office to TEST my skills and knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Words and my capability of using a manual type-writer.

After all the TEST was done, I was called into her room to finally proceed on with the INTERVIEW.

I was asked, "Oh...both of your parents are still working. Then why do you want to work?". Hmm... wouldn't that be a stupid question to ask?? Yeah... I should have answered, "I wanna work for fun, peace, laughter and joy." Pfft~!!

Moving on....

I was then compared to an intern. Yeah... The lady offered me the same pay that she wanted to pay interns as ALLOWANCE. Oh wow... I tried explaining that I'm WORKING for her and not INTERNING. She was definitely, without a doubt, on a different wavelength. Here's what she said:

"You know, there are a lot of companies out there that do not pay their interns. But I think it's appropriate to give interns allowances for their expenses and food. So I think RM XXX is appropriate and is within our budget. Can you consider lowering to that? Plus, you will be here for 2 months only and we have to teach you some more. Our time is money also you know?"

Now... do you notice any part of it that relates to me other than the pay?? 'Cause I don't see any. It's bloody ridiculous!!! (refer on top and recall why I say it's ridiculous)

And so, the whole interview revolved around placing me in an intern's position to push down my pay to a point where it's not worth it for that kind and amount of job. What a kill joy.

0 wishful thoughts: