heaven knows

my life in grey

And so, I'm out of what I call it the "shit hole".

Now, why is it called a "shit hole". The main reason is because of its people. Due to the fact that the people that work there are undescribably "nice and smart", the place turns into what is known as the "shit hole".

Okay. Back to the point. It is momentary joy to be out of that place. Can't believe I wasted my time there, even if it's only 2 days. Let me describe what happened...

the dumbnut head of department:
Day 1: " The head of department is not in la. She's on leave until thursday. I will split you both into departments. You don't touch anything and don't disturb my staff also."

Note: The person who said that the head of department isn't in, is actually the head of department.

Day 4 (today): "We are not responsible to prepare your learning schedule. It should come from your university. If they want you to learn, they should send an officer with you to come here (the hospital). We are not paid to teach you. Your purpose here should be to learn of and experience the working environment only, not to do hands on work. You can only look at what they do and ask questions if you want to. But my staff don't need to teach you. It is government policy that the students can not touch anything. You should have known when you apply."

Note: How in the world am I suppose to know the government policy when I'm not working there? Does it make sense?

So yeah, what's the point of being there? Wasting toll money, petrol money, food money, and most important thing of all, my time!! But, thanks to the nice girl which I got to know there, the only chinese girl in the micro lab, I got to secretly do some work and play with some of the stuff. It is only today, after I hand in my withdrawal letter, that I got to do more work. Seriously speechless about that place.

Lesson is.... government bodies/institutions are unreliable and a waste of time. They waste tax payers' money too. The Head of Department, a Pathologist, gets paid RM 10k per month to just sit there and look at slides occasionally. Isn't life "great" for them and us??

So, results are out. Wasn't what I expected. For some subjects, I expected worse but I got much better. For those which I squeezed my brains dry on it, I got lesser than what I expected. So I don't really know what to think of it and what to think of myself. Feel very very much stupid and disappointed.

But, life goes on, and tomorrow is yet another day. Have to keep striving and hopefully it gets somewhere soon...like really really soon.

Although I'm not attached for placement anymore, but I still do have a job. Homebased job..which is good. I get money...for me to splurge when I'm unhappy, then I get fat again. Anyways, hoping to get another one so that I can save up enough to fund my Singapore trip plan next year. Have to be independent in everything now that I'm of the legal age. Sudden OLD feeling...sad.

2 wishful thoughts:

Oh crap... I want a home based job as well T_T..
Me need money to fund outings too....

Haha...go find la. Sure can find. There's quite a lot outside, but have to be careful a bit la. Some are conmen