heaven knows

my life in grey

Today...no, more like last night, was the dinner celebration for my grandma's birthday. She's 89 this year I think. Haha... Yeah, I can't really remember how old is she. Either 89 or 90 years old this year. Sorry, no pics of the dinner. Family not a big fan of taking pics.


Before the dinner, my family brought my grandma from the retirement home back to my home first. She mentioned to us that one of the old grandpa there passed away just few days ago. Then, I remember her asking me the previous time when am I graduating. That was like about a month back only. Of course I told her that it won't be so soon. Then she replied me saying that she hope she can make it to see me graduate. OMG... I almost teared and cried. Today brought back that feeling cause I just have that feeling that she's just waiting there in the retirement home for her time to come. This makes me want to push myself in everything more... *sobs sobs*


Aside that. When we were on our way to go pick up my grandma, there was a miserable jam at the traffic lights near Summit, the ones that head towards the highways and out of USJ. Due to the rain, the traffic lights malfunctioned. They keep flickering yellow and red. So all the drivers drove like 3rd world mentality people did. They drove with no compromise. In the end, all the cars were stuck around a small area because the traffic goes round and it's a chain effect. Everyone refused to back up and it was so obvious that if no one took the initiative to reverse to let one side go, the traffic will not move at all.


This was the situation...
So as you can see, it's like a jammed up circle. (forgive my drawing =p) The situation got a bit tensed after a while when everyone noticed that no one was going anywhere because no one was willing to move. Everyone started honning... like that will do anything. So... I went out of the car and wanted to approach the cars in front of us to ask if they can compromise a bit and reverse so that we can at least get the traffic to move. But... dad yelled for me to get back into the car.

BUT... I think me doing so got people to realise that they needed to do something as well. And after arguing with my dad for quite a while, I finally reasoned with him for him to be the 1st to get out of the car and talk to the drivers in front to compromise. Then, other people started coming out of their cars too. And finally, the traffic started moving again.


In this situation, I feel both disappointed and a bit happy.

Disappointed because my own dad insisted on waiting for others to make the 1st move to discuss with the drivers to ask them to compromise. He waited until I decided to do something due to fed up-ness of 3rd world mentality.

Happy cause I didn't think I would have the courage to step out of the car to try and do the right thing.


So people, this teaches you not to always wait for others to take actions 1st. It wouldn't hurt for you to step up and do something right? Of course, you must know the situation that you are in 1st too. A little courage and a little compromise among all of us will do our society good. It'll definitely give our society the change it needs.

I need to apply the slogan, "You can make a difference" Haha... It's because you truly can. Think about it. If I wait for you, and you wait for another, and another wait for yet another... Then who's going to make the move in the end?? In the end, nothing will be done. Which is excatly what is happening in our country.

We're the next generation right? So do something... not illegal stuff.

4 wishful thoughts:

Erm lol u even took the effort to draw it out hahahaha ... good job XD

hhahaha...not bad right? Haha...lucky the pic here is small. if u see the real size, it looks damn cacat because of the traffic lights. haha

2 Thumbs up for the initiative gurl :) as well as the picture... :P

Wah...touching story between you and grandma. Well, that's what I am talking about...love these kinda feelings. May be that may help me answer you why I am so busy always hehe. Hope you get my meaning here. Yeah, keep up the good work ya...see tremendous improvement for you le. Didnt know Pearly is so brave to take action o... Cham, Chi Wei gonna be more careful now...Better dont mess up with this girl! All the best ya!